The modern residential, nursing and care homes are equipped with the latest technology and it can be seen in the kitchen, rooms as well as other areas of the house. The modern residential homes are installing automatic doors for various reasons, technology being the prime. The automatic doors offer numerous advantages to the home dwellers as well as the residential home. That is why, the traditional doors made of wood, metal, and other materials are being replaced with these shop fronts.
What is an automatic door?
An automatic door as the name suggests is the door that opens with an automatic operation on sensing a person approaching towards it.
Merits of automatic doors for residential houses
- Easy access: the residential homes are occupied by old people whose bodies and nervous systems have become less responsive due to their old age. Their bodies have become frail and sometimes they lack the power of opening the normal door and due to their poor responsive system, they may even sometimes forget that the door is to be opened. When the traditional doors are used, the old aged people can harm themselves unknowingly. However, the automatic doors are a boon in this case as they open automatically as soon as the age approaches towards them. Therefore, the issue of getting hurt is resolved and their physical energies do not get wasted too.
- Noise-free operation: the traditional doors made of wood get worn out after some time and start producing sound on opening and closing. This can be troublesome for the elderly. Additionally, if the door is not old but when the strong winds blow, the door may open or close with a bang causing a strong noise. On the other hand, the modern automatic sliding doors are free from such issues. They are silent and slide from one side to another without any hindrance or creating any noise thus offering a peaceful environment to the oldies.
- Security: the automatic doors restrict the entry and exit of trespassers and strangers to the residential home. These doors are locked with an access code and any person such as a relative, caretaker, or visitor to the home can only enter the building when the access is allowed from inside by the house resident.
- Aesthetic appeal: the automatic doors are equipped with glazing glass that adds to the appeal of the residential home. These are also made of double glass-glazed aluminum. Thus, these doors can be painted and coated with any color to match with the existing exteriors and interiors wherever they are placed.
- Safety: the automatic doors are also great in terms of safety as they are battery operated. Hence, if there is any power failure the doors can be opened with the battery system and in the event of casualties like fire, the door is opened for allowing easy exit of the residents.
All in all, the automatic doors are a great respite to the management of residential homes as they increase the safety and security of the old age dwellers of the residential homes.